Shadow Puppet Classroom Stories
Reflecting on Art Projects in Elementary School
I love that using Shadow Puppet combines art, literacy and technology into one great piece of work.”
Lys Olson, 1st – 6th Grade Art Teacher
Science Videos for Flipped Classroom
Shadow Puppet completely changed the way I share concepts with my students. Now I create customized content easily.”
Heather Green, 7th – 8th Grade Science Teacher
Learning and Practicing Using Foreign Language
Getting students to speak aloud is one of my biggest challenges. Shadow Puppet helped get them excited about speaking.”
Gabrielle Schoppa, 7th – 8th Grade French Teacher
Shadow Puppet Activity Ideas
English & Language Arts
- Practice reading aloud from a book or poem
- Summarize a story describing beginning, middle and end
- Diagram a sentence or describe grammar rules
- Create an infomercial for a make-believe product
- Describe the steps of how to make something
- Practice spelling by sounding out words
- Practice counting using the tap-to-highlight pointer
- Find geometric shapes, angles, or fractions around the classroom
- Explain the steps to solve a math problem
- Show how make a graph from a set of data
- Explain how to count money
- Teach someone how to tell time
- Document an experiment and explain results
- Explain a cell diagram or frog dissection
- Describe the lifecycle of a plant, habitat of an animal or structure of an element
- Compare the planets in solar system or the world’s different biomes
- Use images to explain concepts that are hard to access inside the classroom
History & Social Studies
- Create mock advertisements for historical services
- Tell what you would do if you were president
- Share the history of a city, state or country
- Pretend to be a historical figure and share your thoughts on an issue
- Summarize a historical event describing beginning, middle and end
- Explain the meaning of a drawing, painting, photograph or sculpture
- Give a report on a famous artist or art movement
- Color & form photo scavenger hunt
- Make a portfolio of the year’s projects and create a virtual museum of the class’ work
- Create technique tutorials or how-to videos
- Use new vocabulary in a creative story
- Read a news article or story written in the language and summarize it
- Explain how to conjugate verbs
- Diagram sentences, explain and read them aloud
- Make personalized flashcards
- Describe weekend plans in the language
Volume Purchase Discount
If you’re part of an educational institution, you can purchase multiple copies of Shadow Puppet at a discount through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program.
We’re also happy to provide a free evaluation copy so you can test Shadow Puppet before you make a volume purchase.
|Get Free Evaluation Copy||Make Volume Purchase|
Combine Photos & Voice into Mini-Movies
Choose images from the camera roll or take some in the app. Easily organize them into a slideshow.
Record your voice. Students tell a story, explain a concept, practice speaking skills, reflect on a project.
Interact with Your Images
Tap to highlight an area of a photo, double tap to zoom in. All interactions are recorded.
iPad & iPhone
Compatible with iPad and iPhone. No iPad/iPhone needed to view videos.
Share with students, parents and colleagues via email or SMS. Embed on the classroom website or blog.
A .mp4 file is saved to your camera roll. Add to students’ digital portfolios or upload to YouTube.
Painless Account Creation
Use one account for your class. Projects are automatically synced across multiple devices.
There is no time limit on the length or number of photos.
|FREE in the App Store!|
It’s As Easy As 1-2-3!
1. Select a few images
2. Record your story
3. Share with parents or students!
Student Friendly and Fun!
We designed Shadow Puppet with a simple workflow and intuitive interface so that kids as young as five could use it independently.
Students use Shadow Puppet to:
- Describe a project or experience
- Develop digital storytelling skills
- Demonstrate understanding of a concept
- Showcase learnings for assessment or for parents
- Improve speaking skills
Add Shadow Puppet to lessons to empower students’ creativity and help them develop important 21st century skills.
How Other Classrooms Are Using Shadow Puppet
Teachers create mini-lessons, explain a complex concept, or provide a discussion prompt
Students describe a project, practice speaking skills, or work through a problem
A group of students give a presentation, tell a creative story, or document a project
A teacher creates mini-lessons for students to learn at their own pace, watch at home and to inspire a class discussion.
A student reflects on his art and explains what he’s learned about color theory and a famous artist.
Third grade students persuade viewers to help others in need using photos from image search and drawings.